Monday, August 8, 2011

Summer is almost over...but drownings never end...

 Before my daughter was born, I was getting advice about what swim lessons I should start her in. Being in a town, where practically every backyard has a pool, swim lessons are a must for our kids.

Early this spring, I started her in toddler group swim classes and she was not a big fan. She cried every class for the entire thirty minutes, it was so sad, and I wasn't convinced she was really learning how to cope and respect the water.

Over the summer, it was very scary for her to be around water. She would always jump in the pool and if I wasn't there, she would sink right down to the bottom. She was not afraid of the water at all, and that was scary for me. I decided to take my friends advice, and signed her up for the ISR-Infant Swim Self Rescue classes. That has been the BEST thing I have ever done, EVER! The best money we have spent on her to date. She is on her second week of lessons, she can know jump off the edge, and swim to steps, all by herself. It's so crazy. I recommend this class to anyone who has children. The class is ten minutes per day, everyday for 6-8 weeks. Our instructor comes to our house, it's very easy and we love it.

Here is a video of her just at two weeks into the six week class. AMAZING.



|| Your Desert Momma ||

A big thank you to my dear friends Carrie and Meredith for pushing me to do this class. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment